Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Season

Today, the forecast is for rain turning to snow by this evening.  We have had a few sprinkles this morning.  The mountains are blotted out by dark clouds so I think they are getting snow already.  The furnace has been active all morning.  We had the electric fireplace on while we had our morning visit and cups.  I went out to my garage area studio, but it is too cold to work there.  I am going to have to make the switch back to my indoor room for the cold months very soon, but want to wait to see if Indian Summer will let me stretch the work time out there.  My projects will take a different turn once I have to move inside.  Smaller, more paper oriented, like ATCs etc.  
I have been up and down the ladder in my kitchen the last two or three days, cleaning the light fixtures,  taking my green depression glass down and into the dishwasher, painting the platforms they set on,
putting the glass back up,  and generally rearranging things.  Everything on the kitchen side looks bright and sparkly now.   It was fun to re discover some things I have collected since moving on to our hill.  I had forgotten I had three green chickens, each a different size.  Next week, I will start on the cat collection, I guess.  I know I pared the cats down a few years back.  Perhaps I will again.  How odd it seems that I collected cats for so many years, and now, I don't really care about them.  I always thought cats were so cute.  I really do have some interesting collectible ones but, what does one my age want with them? And, if I didn't have them, what would I put on the beam they set on?  
Today, too, the car girls and I are starting to design some costumes.  The Statue of Liberty is on the table.  We will work on the torch and the crown.  Should be an interesting challenge. LOL 
   

No comments: