Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fort Collins

I am enjoying a lovely and cool evening outside of camper watching the geese fly in and out to leave or arrive at a small pond here at the KOA. We spent the Thursday traveling and the first night of our journey at the very top of Rabbit Ears Pass where the temperature dropped down into the 30's during the night, and it was really a thrill when I stuck my feet onto the cold cold floor on Wednesday morning. We drove through Walden and stopped to take pictures of a moose and her baby, and down Poudre (pronounced poo der) river canyon almost all day. The canyon and the river is a really pretty drive. Fort Collins is a lively city with lots of artsy and antique stores. The workshop started by meeting at an antique mall...(consignments from like I think they said like 139 people consigned, it was divided off into like 10 by 10 ft spaces) Thursday morning. Mike, the teacher gave us a speel on what to shop for, then we all went shopping looking for things we could take back to the classroom to use in a piece of art. At one we started designing our pieces of art. Everyones look so different. Interesting artists. One lady named Ann from Florida, very nice. I think the rest are from around this area and they are nice too. We learned how to mount elements onto a back ground and the types of adhesives to use. It is pretty intuitive kind of art and I like it. I will eventually post a picture on my art blog when I get it completed. When we leave here tomorrow after the 2nd day of class we are going to Estes Park. Then we will drive from there down to visit Larry's uncle, I guess then into the Rocky Mt. National Park for a day or two. Then mosey on home. Larry stays busy on the phone with his people making sure they know he is still boss. LOL

No comments: