Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Officially Summer

Yesterday and today, the late afternoon heat invades my house, so that I want to turn on the AC.  The problem with that is getting it ready to be turned on.  I did get it moved to the window in hopes that my "fairy god mother" will make sure all is in working order so I can attach the water inlet and plug that sucker in.  
I have been laying bricks by the back door/back fausett.  My house in town had a lovely brick patio in front.  I love the looks of the bricks and another benefit is if you wet them down, they stay cool for quite a while, helping to cool you down if you are out side.  I really don't spend much time where these are going, but mornings might just happen out there, now that I have a place to go.  Tea on a hand layed brick patio... cool mornings, lovely view... yep I think I am beginning to see a reason I am working so hard.  Too bad my fat doesn't cooperate and just disappear with the hard work. lol

No comments: