Friday, February 20, 2009

Trip to the Village

I am reading a book about enhancing creativity.  The author recommends daily journal writing, daily walks, and weekly artist dates.  So, on Fridays, I try to go to the village and do something "different" while I am there.  The idea being you have to expose yourself to new experiences in order for you to have many ideas and visuals for your artistic endeavors.  I think this is true.  I know we are creatures of habit, and will also take the easy route, when we don't think about it or don't have to.  The problem with this is where we live and my age.  It seems like I pretty much have done most of everything around here except maybe go to church on a regular basis.  So, when it warms up a bit, I may try the east village where there might be a bit more things I haven't done before to be found.  A temporary list:  The Western Museum, the library over there,  the new dinasaur museum, DI, a massage, the new rec center.  Hmmmmm....now that is six weeks worth of dates.  LOL  Anyone have any suggestions for me?

No comments: