Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sun Worshippers

My sister Marianne and I, and possibly Berniece although I don't remember her being involved, always said we must have had sun worshippers in our ancestry.  The exact words were "we come from a long line of sun worshippers."  We were always ones to be outside in the sun whenever possible.  Today, as I sit in my chair and the sun is shining on me, I thought of this.  The sun feels so warm and comforting in this early part of the year that has been so cold up to now.  The cats and the dog too, feels better when it shines, and find spots on the floor to lie and allow the sun to do it's magic, whatever that is.  The sleepy rather dreamy feeling one gets as they bask in the sun is nice.  
I enjoyed going to the littlest car girl's second birthday party on Monday evening.  It was fun to see four of my grand girls and my own kids, which I seldom get to see.  
Today, I worked on a collage using pictures that reminded me of my life from 0 to 5 years.  I do not have many memories of that age, so I thought, but actually did find quite a few representational ones once I started searching for some.  I found one of a mother reading to her small child, cat pictures, kids playing in the dirt, sledding, skating, tea, a cranky looking father type one, one to represent 2 sisters, the sun, and one of a little girl bathing by an old cast iron cook stove. Probably a couple of others I forgot, but the collage was kinda fun to do.  
I also started to make a cover for the ottoman that the cats have shredded on all four corners.  My heart does not seem to be in to this, tho, as I left it barely started.  
I also made four ATCs for swapping in a flower theme.  
So goes my life on the hill.  
 

No comments: