Monday, August 4, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

It seems like my life has switched suddenly into slo mo mode. Not much going on around me. The garden is growing but nothing much is ripe enough to harvest. The sun just shines down, the bugs and birds fly about, Bubba and Blueberry sleeps, and I, I just putter. I had so many plans to do to the house and such, but I have been so busy doing artsy things, they all fell to the wayside. Now, I guess I am just sorta resting up from all the motion of traveling, and creating. And, heck, I can always paint walls, or whatever tomorrow, or the next day, right? Here is a list of major things that NEED to be done: House painting-inside and out. Windows replaced. Carpet replaced. New sofa. New bed for DH. Curtains laundered. New shower curtain and rugs in small bath.
etc. etc. I don't know what it is, that makes me just think about this stuff instead of doing something about it, except I am just enjoying the fact that I can take as long as I want to do it. I told myself all week end that I would do something on Monday. Now today, I am saying well, what does it matter if I wait a day or two (or more)? Instead, I have watered in the yard and worked on a ZINE about drawing, and now I am blogging and in a minute I will be dyeing wool with Kool aid. How Kool is that? Hope it turns out as lovely as I see it in my head. What will I do with it? Make art of course! What else? I guess I will start searching the net for another art workshop to go to. I admit it, I AM HOOKED!

No comments: