Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Apricot Jam!

Yep, I made fresh apricot jam this morning. Yum. It is my favorite. I am so thrilled, after seven years to have such a good crop of apricots this year. Actually, too many. What will I do with them all? I had fresh jam on bread and butter with my tea this morning. I have been missing having any apricot jam around for the last year. Now, I have a new supply to get me through til the next time the weather, wind, rain, and sun decides to allow me the privilege of having "cots" to harvest.
I am trying to figure out a good place to have a one day art retreat of my own. I originally thought I could have it here, in my garage studio area, but, you guessed it, I would have to clean it and de clutter it. The cleaning would not be so bad maybe, but getting rid of the clutter...heart rendering, evidently. So, plan B is to find a place I could hold one. I have three people already signed on, if I can get one together. I am going ahead with plans for packets and food, just as if I had a place ready to go. I am sure I will be able to get a place, once I get to the phone and start calling a couple of places.
I spent a couple of hours in the village, doing some business, and boy was I glad to get back on the hill. The traffic just gets worse and worse.
So...I think I will go have a late afternoon snack. How does bread and butter and APRICOT JAM sound?

No comments: