Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Friend



My friend Bubba

Bubba's hearing and sight continually goes downhill. I am so glad I am here for him. He gets underfoot, as he wants to be close to someone. I had to scoot him out of the kitchen several times this morning as I tried to mop the floor. He screams at me if I step too close as he thinks I am going to hurt him, and his horrible yell makes me jump. A couple of times, I have thought I have stepped on his toes so I guess he is only protecting himself. Finally, he pouted on the carpet edge and let me mop in peace. Sometimes, he seems to be confused and lost as to where he is, where he is going, that sort of thing. I stop to pet him, and evidently he can't see anything above him now so he jumps and ducks when I touch his head or back. He forgets that he just went outside for a stroll, and sometimes wants right back out and he repeats his little circle. I think he has been operating on his smell facilities for quite sometime. I am not sure if that is working anymore, so we worry about him getting lost. He does some funny things at times and we laugh at him, but we are so sad about his senility and know his life is not long here.

No comments: