Thursday, October 1, 2009

Anniversary Time


This time of year I really think lots about anniversaries. J&D in July, D&M Oct 1 (TODAY and Happy Happy One I hope) mine and DH Nov 1, and my Mom and Dad's was Nov 2. I remember how we had a big combination anniversary and pheasant hunt years ago. All the families would group at Granny's house and the men would go pheasant hunting and the women would play and cook. Usually after dinner we would play cards. The kids would play underfoot somewhere. Those were fun times for the most part and good memories. Sometimes I would go pheasant hunting with the guys. I used to like to do that, hunt. And doves too. Now, that I have learned that doves mate for life, I couldn't shoot one. And pheasants I think are pretty much a thing of the past as far as public lands go. But it is nice to have sweet memories, don't you think? Maybe I should stick a pheasant in my drawing above... just for old times sake!

No comments: