Friday, March 13, 2009

Ogre

Ok, now I feel like a monster.  I put up the new bird house.  I then tore down the old one.  It did look as if the blue birds were trying to nest there with some grasses and such inside it.  But I tore it down.  Then, just a few minutes after I went into the house, the birds showed up.  They flitted and visited the posts where the torn down house had been.  I could just hear their conversations in my head.  "OMG honey, where is our house?"  " Let me go first dear, I will see about it."  He flitted around on the posts up and down looking at everything that looked like it might be a hole. Finally, flew to a tree.  "I don't know dear, it just isn't there.  I looked and looked!"  She then flew to the posts, and flitted up and down, over to a tree back again, over to another post, back again, looking, looking for her home! "Oh I am so sad, I can't believe it is just gone!"  she said.   I felt so mean!  Finally after about 20 minutes, I guess they decided, yes, indeed, our home is gone, gone forever and off they flew.  I wonder if they will be back, if the new home just a few feet away will meet their standards or if the neighborhood seems too unpredictable to try a new house.  

No comments: