Sunday, March 8, 2009

Grandma's In the Kitchen With...

Oatmeal

I have been reading a self-help book with a group on the net.  It is supposed to help you be more creative! The author gives you all kinds of mini assignments to try.  One that she gave recently was to put on a face mask, and then force it to crack depicting the "cracking of your lost and picked on artist's self armour" so the "new and wonderful free artist" type creativity can "come on down!"  I was not about to buy a face mask, but years ago it was recommended to mix oatmeal with egg whites for oily type skin.  When I was younger, I had oily type skin.  Now, I don't.  But, I mixed up a batch and slapped it on.  Waited a few... and it started to pull here and there and there were some cold spots that were wetter than other places.  Finally, it seem dry, so I touched it to see.  Yikes! It felt like cement on my face.  I gave it a few more minutes, then forced the "cracking" process, lol.  Then, I went in to wash it off.  I washed.  And washed. and washed. And finally, I had to take the fingernail brush to it to get it off!  Oh, man, my face was like RED, when I got done!  Some red came from the scrubbing, and some from embarrassment!  I think the dry skin caused like a "fusion" of some sort here.  The photos are so I will never forget... the passage of an old woman becoming a clown! LMAO!

1 comment:

curlgirl said...

I once thought I would try eggs in my hair it cooked in there , it was also very hard to wash out. I love the pictures.