Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reminder

My computer mentors are my daughter and my daughter in law.  They teach me much about the computer and blogging, searches and sites.  Thank goodness I have them to help me!  
So, I was visiting my DD's blog and her post was titled "project."  This reminded me of my mother.  It still amazes me that my parents come back to me through funny little things in the general run of life like a word.  Anyway, one of my mother's ways whenever you went to her with something difficult to deal with was to tell you to "get a project, get your mind on something else, get your hands busy."  I am sure I solved many of my problems through the acts of "projects" of cleaning, sewing, cooking, reading, crafts, painting, gardening, etc. etc.  If I didn't seem to be able to come up with a project, she would find one for me.  Many times, I think I hemmed pants, or shortened sleeves on a blouse, or straightened and cleaned something "high" up that she couldn't reach, not because she wanted it done so much as that she wanted to give me an active outlet for my problems.  I think this works well still... I still tell myself at times... find a project.  My projects, my life, my way of dealing with things.  LOL

No comments: