Thursday, November 13, 2008

Retirement?

I guess we have this mental image after working for so many years, that when we quit working life will be a "dream." Everything will just fall into place, right?   In many ways the peace of not having the pressure of work is lovely, but I have found that the paper work etc. trying to get to the "dream" is obnoxious!  I had to deal with my work about my retirement stuff, and that was weird.  I still had to call them last month, about something.  Maybe, it will finally be set up as I want it!!  Then there is insurances, :-(  Grrrrrrr!  And my retirement fund, now that was a maze of financial wanderings.  I, again, just maybe have that finally settled although I had to call about it today, again.  Social Security seemed to be the easiest to set up and get going... who knew?  You hear all this stuff about government agencies being slow and cumbersome, but nope, that was fairly easy, compared to the other things I had to take care of.  I actually started last January to "arrange" everything so when I finally officially retired, everything would be ready.  Yeah, right!   Anyway, after the first of the year, we have to start learning about Medicare, and again Grrrrrrr!  I do not like having to study up on anything and it makes me real crabby when I have to do so.  At our age... we just want simplicity... it's all we can remember!  LOL 

No comments: