Sunday, April 13, 2008

Retirement Countdown

I usually can pass the time easily, no problem. I have been looking forward to retiring for several years, so I now find time is moving v e r y slowly, as i get to the last weeks of officially working. I have cleaned out my desk and files and brought home all my personal items. I am trying to complete all unfinished items, and am very close to being done with those. I hate to look at the calendar and realize I have 7 more weeks to work. 35 days. It sounds like a lifetime. Especially since I have everything in order to go! And, also, since I have been put on the "thank god we are getting rid of another non member" list so have had some problems with being treated fairly. I will be so thankful to not have to associate with prejudicial people.
I am trying to focus on organizing supplies I will need for my persoanal retirement gift to myself...an art retreat. My son and family bought me a mini tourch for mothers day i needed for the metal smithing workshop. My husband bought me a pair of pliars that twists wire. I have picked up some trinkets and beads, trims and pieces of cloth for the quilting workshop. Things are coming together for the much anticipated retreat. I am trying to come up with an idea for a trade item. i have not been to a retreat before but evidently, the artists all bring items to trade? I will have to ask others who have been to retreats for some ideas.
It has turned spring like for this week end and I went to a couple of garage sales, and planted some peas, and moved some rocks out of the garden spot so it can be tilled. How lovely to be able to get out of doors!

No comments: