Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Headache

I am at home with a terrible infection in my head and on my lungs. My head aches continually. It is difficult to do anything like read, the computer, art, with the headache. The wind is blowing outside, which doesn't help. The air in the valley looks all dusty from our rocky perch. We have blooms on some of our apricot trees. A few blooms on our cherry bushes. A few tulips are finally blooming. The buffalo grass area has gobs of foot tall wild plants with yellow blooms. I need to try to idenity the plants fo satisfy my own curiosity. I have some bulbs I need to plant but haven't been able to get out of doors to do so.

I only have about 20 days of torture left, then I will be free, free, free. I cannot believe that I have been able to stay on my job for 25 years! Not too much about it has been pleasant. I have been like a stranger in a foreign land working there. I have been a good worker until I finally accepted that I would never be a respected worker, nor would I ever be able to advance in my job. It would have been nice to have been accepted and recognized for being good at what I do. I have been able to continue by telling myself "its their loss", not mine. My mental peace, not having the job anymore, will be such a pleasure!

No comments: