Sunday, March 2, 2008

Something to Think About

I have been searching the net for art retreats. It has been a recent dream of mine to attend one of these. The workshops I read about make my mouth drool. I want to learn all the techniques! As luck would have it, one off the ladies in one of my art groups mentioned going last year to one in Nova Scotia. I wrote back about my dream. The groups founder, as it happens, has a blog where any retreats can be listed. And guess what! There is one right here close in Park City in June. So, I sent in a registration, an I am now waiting impatiently, to see if I will be, I don't know, I guess the right word is accepted. They only take so many on a first come first serve basis so have to wait for a confirmation notice. It will be three days-three workshops. One is metal smithing...looking way forward to that, one is drawing and watercolors, and one is art quilts which sounds like fun. The workshops will be held at the Kimball Arts Center. The participants will stay at a bed and breakfast around the corner. I hope they have a parking spot big enough for my car if I get to go. lol

I am revving up to purchase my new computer system. I hope to get it by the end of March. I really wish I had it now as I really could use the scanner to send some art out to sites. I did not realize how much I would miss having a scanner!

I wish I could say it is finally looking like spring around here but no such luck. The only springy thing we've seen is a nasty wind here last night. :(

No comments: