Monday, March 10, 2008

Letting My Inner Child Play


I have to swap. I get all kinds of gloomy if I don't have a project going, but sometimes I don't get a project going unless I join a swap. My intentions in swapping is to keep me doing artwork on a regular basis which keeps me happy or living the happy artists life. I love the challenge of trying to come up with a concept for the swaps. I have to consider time, what supplies I have on hand, energy required, and if it is in the realm of possibilities for me to accomplish. I didn't realize what an old fogey I had become until I started hanging out with other artists on the web and they suggested some swaps that I did not react well to. My experience with swapping was mostly with ATCs. So, when some other types of swapping occured, I was rather hesitant to join in. Too crafty, I thought. Or too childish, I thought. But, giving myself a good pep talk about being a good player, I joined a couple. I made a tea house, I made a doll, and just last week end, can you believe it, I made crowns! Not just one but four. Well, I had to make one for a swap but it turned out to be so much fun, that I made one for the car girls (my Grandgirls) I had FUN! I enjoyed it! Well, now I understand about letting your inner child tendencies come out to play! I hope the girls will like them too.

Here's a picture of the crown that will be swapped. Later I will try to add pictures of the others.

1 comment:

the glitzy gypsy said...

Ana!

I am so happy that you joined the crown swap and that you had such fun with it! Looks like your grandchildren had a blast too! Keep creating!
brenda bliss