Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hawk


A hawk is hanging out in the apricot tree.  I noticed him a week or so ago.  I tried to take a picture but that is rather had through the window.  But, he has been returning, and the other day I say he was eating another bird of some sort.  He just sat there in the apricot tree pulling feathers off the little bird he held in his claw.  Saturday morning we watched him try to catch another bird.  It managed to get lost in the cherry bushes.  He perched in the aspen tree and I got a much better picture of him.  I guess because we have so many birds around the bird feeders, he thinks it's okay to eat around here too. lol.  He is such an exciting bird to have hanging around.  I believe he is a red tail.  Quite large about a foot long I would guess.  Also, we have had a big fat looking flicker hanging around too.  He sometimes raps around on the eaves.  The little birds are wrens, and sparrows and the junkos have finally shown up.

And here is what my feet look like now the swelling has gone down.


No comments: