Thursday, September 10, 2009

Home Again Home Again

The camp out with family was such an enjoyable activity. My guts have been reminding me of it since coming home. An attack of diverticulitis. I looked it up on the net, and guess what? A person with diverticulitis should not eat fried foods, no spicy meats, no spicy foods, nothing with nuts or seeds, (remember all those yummy dutch oven fried potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon, enchilada's, boston baked bean candy, chips, doughnuts, well, the camp food in general) because they irritated the divers. I think under normal circumstances, all this good food would not have bothered me, but just a month ago, after taking some drugs which caused me to have the divers, I had a major attack. So, guess the ole bowels were already sensitive and the food was just too good. I have been on a bland diet since coming home to counter act the feeding frenzy I was on at camp. Today, I am not quite as sore in my abdomen so guess laying off eating much is good, lol.
We are going to sell the camper. (At least I think we are, since I am never sure about what DH will do.) He is talking seriously about a better one. I don't think he will ever buy another one though, but we will have to see.

No comments: