Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Remembering Mom

It seems strange to me that almost all my social interactions is through the net now.  It makes me wonder if there are not millions of people with the "felter" mind set, which is "I can take them or leave them" like me.  LOL  I like my cyber friends cuz I can interact with them when I want to, and ignore them when I don't want to be bothered.  It relieves a person of the responsibilities of having to act like a friend. Not that I ever bothered too much with the responsibilities of being a friend.  I gave up trying to maintain friendships years ago.  I was never and I mean never good at it.  I would just shut all communication down, if a problem ever arose, which eventually it always did.  I quit my elementary friends, then quit my jr high friends, then lost track and quit all my high school friends.  Then friends I made as a young adult I quit too.  I guess I am rather obsessive (I never thought of myself as such before) about doing whatever it is I am doing without interruption.  I guess the reason I am talking about this is that I have been thinking about my Mom as she died in May, and she was always my best friend and advocate my whole life.  I never really allowed anyone else to get inside me and see my feelings and dreams.  Even as I look back and see she made me her scapegoat, I still miss having her to visit with.  She died May 12 and my Dad's birthday is the last day of May.     

No comments: