Saturday, February 9, 2008

Group Art Swaps

The worst winter months with the cold and snow are coming to an end. Spring must be just around the corner! I have passed these months in relative bliss. Bliss because I have had PROJECTS. I am most happy when I am involved in some sort of project. It gives me something to visualize and work on mentally as I go about my mundane activities.
This winter, I enjoyed some new experiences in projects in the form of a Tea Box swap and an Art Doll Healing Doll swap. I have not exchanged this type of art before but I loved it. The Tea Box I made and sent to MA is highlighed on Lani the Puppetmakers Blog, http://14secretsforahappyartistslife.blogspot.com/. The tea box I recieved had wonderful things in it. The picture I hope to post here shows just some of the "goodies" I recieved in the Tea Box that came to me from Maria, in Texas. Thanks one more time Maria! All in all, this was a very satisfying activity to help pass the winter doldrums away.
The otherr swap, Healing Dolls, helped too. It was fun to come up with a concept, then follow through with a theme. I hope I am able to post a picture of the doll I made, and eventualoly the doll I will recieve.
My husband, who has no projects going, has bemoaned his tiredness of the winter. What a blessing art, art swaps, and art groups are. I loved this winter!

No comments: